Windows does not have an integrated way of effectively restricting the amount of concurrent logins for a user.
Limit Logins effectively restricts the amount of concurrent logins for any given user or group.
- Prevent password sharing among users.
- Limit concurrent logins for specified users or groups on the network.
- Ability to see where all users are currently logged into.
- Logs all login/logout, time restriction, scheduled time, and denied access activity.
- Ability to set the user to automatically logout/restart/shutdown/suspend/hibernate after a specified time of being logged in (ex. after 5 minutes of being logged in).
- Ability to set a specific time to logout/restart/shutdown/suspend/hibernate. Schedule these times on specific days of the week.
- Send notifications (Email/Text Pager) on all login/logout/time restriction/scheduled time/denied access activity.
- Ability to send Messages to multiple users.
- Send remote file execution commands to one or multiple users. Very useful for os updates, software installs, etc.
- Ability to remotely logout/restart/shutdown any logged in computer.
- Ability for clients to see which computers they are logged into. They can also remotely logout/restart/shutdown any computer they are logged into (configurable in security settings).
- Ability to play any wav file just before logging out to obtain the attention of the user.